1. What information do we collect?
- - Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views.
- - Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to our websites, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
- - Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us.
- - Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
- - Any other information that you choose to send to us.
3. Using your personal data
- - Administer the website;
- - Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- - Enable your use of the services available on the website;
- - Send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- - Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- - Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- - Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- - Send to you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications) ;
- - Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- - Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
The Protection of Your CV
We regard your CV as a very personal document and we wish you to have full control over who can view it and whether or not you wish to have your contact details (name, address, telephone number, email address etc) visible to recruiters. As an operator of a number of recruitment websites, we give you the option of putting your CV in our searchable database which is a significant aid to quickly finding employment. We provide you a choice in how you do this. The choice allows you to select the level of confidentiality that you believe is appropriate. The level of control is provided to you by your choice of whether to make your CV searchable by our Clients or not. Making your CV searchable considerably increases your exposure to potential employers. To prevent your CV from being searched and viewed by our Clients you should choose to “Inactive” your CV during the administration process that starts as CV Service. Choosing “Inactive” means that your CV is not accessible by any recruiter but you can gain access to it and use it when applying for individual jobs. We use our best efforts to limit access to our CV services to recruiters who agree to abide by our terms and conditions. If any recruiter is found to be breaching these terms and conditions, then we will immediately terminate their use of our services. You may remove your CV from our searchable database at any time. Choose “Remove your account from our system” once logged on at CV Service. However, recruiters who have paid for access to the database may have retained a copy of your CV in their own files or databases. We are not responsible for the retention, use, or privacy of your CV by recruiters in these instances.
Job Alert System
The Jobs by Email service matches a job seekers requirements for employment with the profile of vacancies advertised on any one of our Sites. For job seekers who subscribe to this service you receive an email listing those jobs that we believe you should be interested in. Your requirements are defined by you using “strings” which can be used to specify geographic region, specific job titles, skills or other definition of the job you want. You can change the strings at any time or unsubscribe at any time.
Our Email-a-Friend service makes it easy for our users to recommend jobs to friends or relatives. Simply complete the Email-a-Friend form and we will send an email to your specified recipient(s) containing a link to the selected job. We will not use your recipient’s details for any other purpose than the fulfilment of this service.
Application Forms and Psychometric Tests
When you apply for positions with some of our Clients, you will be requested to complete an application form and may be requested to take a psychometric test. The information submitted by you on the application form or any psychometric test paper will be used by our Client to assess your suitability for the position to which it applies. We are not responsible for framing the questions in our Client’s application forms or psychometric test papers, and merely provide the electronic means to enable our Client to present the application form or psychometric test paper to you, and to collect the application form or psychometric test paper once it has been completed by you. We do not process any of the data in completed forms or papers other than psychometric test scores, which we present to our Clients in our applicants’ database. We may, however, temporarily store your completed forms or papers. Our psychometric specialist suppliers may administer tests on our behalf and on behalf of our Clients. If we use a specialist, we will ensure that only an anonymous identifier and your psychometric test paper is disclosed to the specialist so that the specialist will be unable to identify you. We will keep the database matching your details to the anonymous identifier confidential, and will not disclose it to any third parties. You expressly agree, acknowledge and accept that we provide this service as a mere conduit for the applications forms. Whilst we will use our best endeavours to ensure that the application form is suitable for its purpose using suitable protection methods, please note that we do not guarantee that our protection methods will ensure that the application form does not include: false, inaccurate or misleading information; material that infringes third party’s Intellectual Property Rights; defamatory, libellous or otherwise unlawful information; information that violate any law, statute, regulation or order (including, without limitation, those concerning consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or the advertising prohibited goods or services); or any virus, worm, Trojan horse, time bomb, cancelbot or other code that contains contaminating or destructive properties. Consequently, we cannot accept any liability for any direct or indirect damages (including, without limitation, loss of profits, loss of contracts), or any consequential, special, exemplary, punitive or any other monetary or other damages or liabilities arising out of or relating to your use of the application form. In addition, we reserve the right to remove your completed application form and suspend our services in relation to it if we consider in our absolute discretion that providing the service may incur a legal liability for you, our Clients, or us. If you have any concerns over any application form, please contact us for advice. Our contact details are set out below.
- - To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- - In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- - In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
5. Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You can gain access to your account and modify the information stored there by supplying an email address and password. You must ensure that this information is kept secret.
As a provider of recruitment sites we do not specifically collect information about children. We believe that children should get their parents’ consent before giving out personal information. If you are concerned about your child’s use of any of our web sites we encourage you to use Web filtering technology to supervise your child’s access to the site.
7. Policy amendments
8. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
9. Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
10. Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. We allow users to opt-out of having Jobs-by-Email Alerts sent to them at any time, and allows users to hide their CVs both at the time that the CV is placed on the site, and at any time afterwards. For any such enquiry please contact us using the addresses shown in section (11).